Welcome to the first ever Corona Classic. This event is created to give Anglers an outlet to fish and compete when other options are just not feasible right now. This event will be 100% payback of all entry fees. TTO will not withhold anything. We hope that you will join us and have fun!
As a reminder, this event is NOT part of our TTO regular season and will NOT affect your Angler of the Year points or Championship. This is a separate event that we have created for anyone who wishes to participate. Current TTO Members do not need to fish with their regular partners.
Following are the guidelines:
- Entry Fees
- $250 per team (plus credit card processing fee = $257). PLEASE do not select New Member box or it will charge you the fee. PLEASE do not select the Optional Side Pot. We are not including a side pot with this tournament.
- One-time fee with no membership required (you do not have to be a member of TTO and you do not have to fish with your TTO partner)
- Registration – Online Only
- Opens at noon Friday, March 20, 2020
- Closes at 4:00 pm Sunday, March 22, 2020
- Facebook Live drawing on Sunday at 4:30 pm
- All teams will be notified via text of matchup contact info
- If we have an odd number of pairings, we will draw 1 team during the Live drawing and give that team an automatic advance to the next round
- Matchups can take place on any body of water agreed upon by both teams
- Both teams in the matchup must agree on the lake of choice
- If teams cannot agree on a lake, both teams shall choose one lake each and then flip a coin for the decision
- If teams need to flip a coin for the decision, no team can suggest a lake that is more than 150 miles from AT&T Stadium
- Tournament can be held on any day of the week and any time limit
- Teams must compete on the same day and at the same time as agreed
- Teams must agree on which team’s scales to use and both bags will be weighed on the same scale
- Tournament must be completed no more than 7 days after the pairings. Results are due no later than 4:00 pm on Sunday
- The winner of each matchup will text Donnie the results immediately after weigh-in (817-896-2309)
- Any team that does not show up on competition day will be forfeited
- Moving Forward
- All winners from each round will be drawn for the next round’s pairings
- All drawings will be Facebook Live events and held on Sunday at 4:30 pm for the next week’s pairings.
- This will be an Imatch competition until there are no more than 5 teams left in the bracket. (Example: Week 1 – 20 teams and 10 matches, Week 2 – 10 teams remain and 5 matches, Week 3 – 5 teams remain, 1 day fish-off for the money)
- The final 5 teams will text their lake of choice for the final round and we will hold a Facebook Live event to draw the lake and announce the schedule for the final round to be held on the following Saturday
- Pay-out will be 1 place for every 5 entries
- All TTO regular rules apply with the exception of the off-limits rule. There are no off limits to practice.
- Anglers must abide by local and state laws and any other temporary restrictions placed on a lake during this time.